Just missing the arrival of summer and our body knows it is no accident, this time of year increases the feeling of heaviness and swelling and the need to lighten up. It not always depends on the extra pounds, in fact, often the failure being derived from a stagnation of toxins difficult to eliminate. Why and what can be done to cleanse the body?
Keep eating winter food, fat, rich in salt and calories even with a milder climate means unnecessarily burdening the body and force the excretory organs – liver, kidneys, intestines, lungs and skin – to face an increased workload for expelling toxins carried by the blood and lymph. It often happens, however, that the excess toxins are so many as to be ejected completely. In these cases, you feel the sensation of heaviness, you have bloating and tiredness because it decreases the energy. Are the effects of stagnant toxins that hinder the physiological activity by limiting the correct functioning of the cells and the entire organism.
To rid the body of harmful waste it is necessary to reactivate the process of expulsion, and a great help comes from food. The watchword is purification. The rules to follow are simple, just be tough to enjoy the results after a few days…
- Avoid junk food that gives the body fats and sugars but no nutrient.
- Increase consumption of whole grains that reactivate the intestine, an essential step for detoxification.
- Reduce the amount of red meat and sausages because they introduce into the body a lot of fat and much sodium, the main cause of water retention and the resulting cellulite.
- Avoid spirits that prevent the proper flow of oxygen to the cells by limiting the disposal of toxins.
- Drink plenty of water, at least a liter and a half a day, to help the liver and kidneys to drain the body.
Foods that facilitate the purification of toxins are green leafy vegetables, like spinach, and those rich in water as the fennel; oranges, lemons and grapefruits ensure an appropriate level of vitamin C, and radishes have an effective diuretic and antiseptic action.