YelloVV Kitty

Reasons For Bad Smells in the House

While a funky smell may not be harmful to your health, it can be an embarrassment, especially when you have guests visit. In order to remove the smell, open the windows and air out the house. If the smell persists, you can hire a professional cleaner but it’s best to get to the root cause of the problem.

One of the main reasons for a musty odour is mould. If the mould grows on a wall, the smell may be caused by plumbing leaks or condensation buildup. While most minor mould problems can be cleaned up by homeowners, some types of mould can be hazardous. If you’re not sure if your house is infected with mould, contact a professional to inspect the home and find the source of the problem. The problem is that non-aerosolized moulds are embedded in your home’s walls, wallboard, and other materials. Moulds can be dangerous and may affect your health. Some people with chronic illnesses can even have symptoms that may indicate you have mould.

Image credit

Pest problems can also cause unpleasant smells. If you’ve found a dead animal in your home, it could have rotted and left behind its sickly scent. You can try cleaning the area around the dead animal and disinfecting the area with a bleach solution and ventilation. If you suspect issues with rodents and see evidence of droppings or gnaw marks, contact pest control. Insects can live in damp environments and can enter your home through doorways, windows, and clothing, shoes, and pets.

Awful smells can be experienced as a result of drain blockages and issues with mains sewer lines. Rotten, foul smelling debris might be blocking your drains and if a main sewer line is clogged, sewage could be backing up in the system. This is a smell and a problem you’ll want fixing immediately! For help from a CCTV Drain Survey Windsor, go to https://www.drainpower.co.uk/drainage-services/cctv-drain-surveys/cctv-drain-surveys-windsor/

Image credit

Electrical smoke may be a source of odd smells too. This smell can be dangerous, since it can sneak into walls or ceiling light fixtures. You should check for this as soon as possible as it could cause a fire to break out.

A rotten-egg-like odour can be a sign of a gas leak. It’s particularly dangerous if you’re in the kitchen because the smell can indicate a leaky gas appliance or a malfunctioning pilot light. If you smell gas in your home, don’t light any matches, turn off the gas and call a professional. Remember to keep the gas shut off when you’re not home, and avoid putting anything flammable near electrical wiring.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll To Top