To lose weight is useful to know the forbidden foods diet. This article tells us that foods are and why we should avoid them.
The first forbidden foods diet are processed, without hesitation are the first that we cross off our shopping list: besides being loaded with fat, sugar and salt, contain a host of additives (colorants, thickeners, acidifies, preservatives, flavors, etc.) that our body cannot digest and accumulate as toxins.
Our body in its infinite wisdom, try to isolate these toxins do not harm us. But … do you know how? Accumulated liquids and fat! Therefore, we can say that a bloated body is a toxic body.
Salt is not bad. Our body needs salt for proper homeostasis. The problem, as with other modern foods is common table salt is not salt found in the sea in its natural form (rich in minerals). Sodium chloride is another with no forbidden foods diet because what you will do is contribute to fluid retention. Best opts for sea salt, seawater or pink Himalayan salt.
Alcohol are empty as refined foods calories. Each gram of alcohol provides 7 Kcal but no vitamins, minerals or trace elements. Our body processes those calories as if it were sugar, that is, if you do not turn into fat burning. As you can see alcohol is another forbidden foods diet.
Of the 3 macronutrients are: carbohydrates, proteins and fats, the latter is undoubtedly the most caloric: 1 g of fat provides 9 kcal us while 1 gram of sugar or protein only 4 Kcal.
However, fats are necessary for the proper functioning of our body and eliminate them completely has no place in a balanced and healthy eating.
Fats have a great satiating power and further delay the entry of glucose from food into the blood so for practical purposes decrease their glycemic index and thus the hormonal response mediated by insulin.
It will be important therefore choose what to incorporate into our fat diet and in what quantities.
You may also like to read another article on YellovvKitty: Superfoods, you really have powers?
Fats to avoid:
- Whole milk, fatty cheese, cream and butter.
- Based ice cream.
- Fritters and sauteed with plenty of oil.
- Greasy cream-based sauces, cream, mayonnaise, etc.
- Fatty meats such as lamb, pork, bacon, sausages and burgers.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons a day.
- Coconut oil (in moderation and good cooking).
- Avocado: the ration would be half an avocado.
- Oleaginous nuts (3 walnuts or cashews, almonds or hazelnuts or 4).
- Olives: a serving would be 9 olives.
High glycemic index foods
The glycemic index is the rate at which enters the blood glucose food. This is important because if glucose goes very fast and / or in large quantities, our pancreas will react by secreting insulin abundant. This hormone is responsible for transporting glucose into the cells to be used as energy. If this energy is not used immediately, the excess will be stored as fat.
Forbidden foods diet:
- Refined sugar.
- White bread.
- White rice.
- White paste.
- Other refined flour.
- Supermarket breakfast cereals.
- Cookies, pastries and cakes industry.
- Bottled fruit juices.
- Sugary sodas.
- Alcohol (our body metabolizes it as if it were sugar).
- To sweeten: agave syrup, concentrated apple, dates, brown sugar, honey, brown sugar cane or coconut sugar (1 or 2 teaspoons).
- wholemeal bread (2 slices).
- Rice, pasta, quinoa, millet, amaranth and other whole grains (one serving would be 2/3 of one cup boiling time).
- Cookies and cakes made with whole wheat flour and the above sweeteners.